Sleep Tips Website Advises Giving Sleep to Mom for Mother’s Day
As Mother’s Day gifts go, candy and flowers are fine, but a leading sleep tips website suggests that mom would really appreciate the chance to recharge her natural batteries more regularly.
“Whether it’s related to work, home or school, today’s moms are being pulled in multiple directions, and the tepid economy is only adding to the stress,” says Dan Schecter, senior vice president of Consumer Products at Carpenter Co. and creator of SleepBetter.org. “Motherhood has never been easy, but these days getting proper rest is a bigger challenge than ever for moms.”
Sleep deprivation is common with mothers, especially those with smaller children, and inadequate rest patterns can result in much more than daytime drowsiness. Moodiness, irritability, memory lapses and even weight gain can result from lack of rest, so it’s not a reach to say that getting good sleep is an important part of a healthy diet.
SleepBetter.org offers some tips for families to help mom get the rest she needs:
- Let mom grab a nap when things are quiet around the house (such as when baby is napping)
- Encourage mom to make a “to do” list rather than plunging into stimulating activities when the kids go to sleep
- Just as mom strives to help the kids unwind before bedtime, family members should remember she needs time to relax at the end of the day, too
- Make sure mom’s sleeping environment promotes the best quality rest: quiet, cool, dark, with comfortable and supportive pillows and mattress
- Remember, the bedroom should be for sleep and romance, not for paying bills or eating…except, of course, for breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day!
About Carpenter Co. / SleepBetter.org
SleepBetter.org is dedicated to helping people sleep better. Designed as an online resource, the web site creates a forum for visitors to define, discuss, and discover solutions to their particular sleep needs. SleepBetter.org’s quest is to continually gather pertinent sleep information, then share this knowledge with the general public. The site also shares tips on the best sleep related products, both in stores and online. SleepBetter.org has created the Sleep Better seal as a way to easily identify products recommended for their superior quality or scientifically based design. Created by Carpenter Co., the world’s largest producer of comfort cushioning products, SleepBetter.org provides information and advice that visitors can use to sleep better. For more information, please visit http://SleepBetter.org.